Wednesday, July 15, 2009

An IE8 workaround when it brings up a cached page (manual refresh)

I am running into some issues with IE 8 which is my default browser (I use Firefox and Chrome too, but not as the default). I get email alerts to check my Roaring Penguin pending spam but when I click the link I see the cached page, not the current one. What I should have gotten was the login page. I would have gotten that if IE8 would have loaded a new page rather than retrieved the one from its cache. The solution-- press the refresh button if I am not asked to login. That brings up the login dialog and I see the current list of pending spam. I cannot find (yet) a way to force IE8 to always load any link to a dynamic webpage (e.g., to a php file with our without variables in the URL). I don't know if this will work for AJAX or other dynamic page links.

No comments:

Post a Comment